Bobrick offers a wide selection of grab bar including Satin-finish stainless steel and vinyl-coated options available in straight and 90-degree designs.
Choosing the Right Grab Bars for Your Facility
Total Restrooms provides you with the widest range of Bobrick grab bars to improve safety, mobility, and ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). We carry a variety of sizes and styles to help you meet the unique needs of your commercial restrooms.
The Importance of Grab Bars
Balance & Safety: Grab bars make it easier for restroom users with limited mobility to transfer to the toilet, sit down, and stand up. This goes beyond those with categorized disabilities to aging adults and those with short-term injuries such as a fractures or sprains.
Configurations: According to federal ADA standards, grab bars are required in all accessible toilet stalls and must sustain at least 250 pounds of force. The requirements for grab bar height, installed horizontally, is 33-36 inches above the finished floor when measured to the top of the bar. Side wall grab bars must be at least 42 inches long, mounted a maximum of 12 inches from the rear wall and extend at least 54 inches from the rear wall. Rear wall grab bars must be at least 36 inches in length. All grab bars must provide at least 1.5 inches of clearance between the wall and the bar. While vertical grab bars are not required by federal standards, local standards commonly require an 18-inch grab bar, mounted vertically, along the side wall.
Materials & Design Aesthetic: Choose from satin finish stainless steel, vinyl coated stainless steel, or vinyl coated zinc. While the stainless steel provides an elevated look, vinyl can provide some antibacterial protection and a warmer surface.
Size: We supply all the standard diameters from 1.25 – 1.5 inches. Choose from sizes ranging 18 to 64 54 inches in length.
Need Help? Trust the Restroom Experts. Even grab bars have options! Once you understand the ADA requirements for your facility, see below for a list of options available to further provide a better user experience. Need more help understanding grab bars? Our Team of Experts is waiting to answer your questions
Compare Our Top Options
Stainless Steel or Vinyl Coated
Bobrick Stainless Steel Grab Bars (most common)
• Standard silver/grey with satin finish
• Concealed mounting flange
• Comes with multi-material anchors
• Specialty anchors can be ordered separately
Bobrick Vinyl Coated Zinc or Stainless Steel
• Warm to the touch and antibacterial white vinyl coating • Concealed mounting flange • Comes with multi-material anchors • Specialty anchors can be ordered separately
Straight or L-Shaped
Bobrick Straight Grab Bars
• Mount vertically, horizontally, or diagonally
• Choose from 18 to 54 inches in length
• 1.25 – 1.5 inches in diameter
• Fixed position or space-saving flip up bars
Bobrick L-Shaped Grab Bars
• Vertical and horizontal grip in one continuous bar
• Mount to a corner for improved grip
• Choose from a variety of lengths
• 1.25 – 1.5 inches in diameter
Standard or Heavy Weight
Bobrick Standard Grab Bars (most common)
• Designed to withstand 250 pounds of force
• Ideal for people who can bear some of their own weight
• 2 to 3 mounting flanges
Bobrick Heavy Weight Grab Bars
• Designed to withstand up to 1,102 pounds of pressure
• Ideal for people who can’t bear much of their weight
• 4 mounting flanges
Once you have identified the grab bars required for your restrooms, take advantage of our wide selection of all the restroom fixtures and accessories needed to complete the job. When you work with Total Restroom, you will always have a dedicated Project Manager available to assist you from design through delivery.