Cleaning and Maintenance For Bobrick B-828 Automatic Counter Mounted Soap Dispenser
Quality soap dispensers require good quality soap and periodic maintenance to properly operate. For reliable long-term use, perform regular maintenance for each unit. Most soap dispenser problems are caused by soap that is too thick or corrosive, or by a lack of maintenance. If proper soap is being used, problems can still arise if dispensers have never been cleaned. Bobrick recommends a viscosity of less than 100cps. With proper maintenance and soap, Bobrick dispensers will provide long term, trouble free operation.
Warning: Only use soap designed specifically for foaming on the B-828 foam dispenser. Not doing so will result in unit not operating properly, or can lead to total product failure.
DO NOT use abrasive or chemical cleaners (including chlorine bleach) to clean Spout, as it may dull the luster and attack the chrome-plated exterior. Use ONLY mild soap and water, then wipe dry with clean cloth. While cleaning the bathroom counter top, protect the Spout from any splattering of cleaner. Acids and cleaning fluids will discolor or remove chrome plating.
Deactivate the soap dispenser by placing your finger over the Fiber Optic Sensor area while you clean. The sensor is located just behind the Nozzle Tip. Once dispenser is cleaned, remove finger from the sensor area. Or unplug the Power Supply located on the bottom of the housing (LED will not light).
Using a soft, dry cloth wipe the exterior.
If dispenser is really dirty gently wipe the dispenser with a cloth moistened with warm water and a diluted neutral detergent. Remove the detergent with a soft damp cloth and then rub with a second soft, dry cloth.
Periodic cleaning (3 to 6 months)
• Remove Nozzle Tip with mesh screen and run under warm water.
To remove Nozzle Tip for cleaning, cover the Sensor area with your finger to prevent dispensing of soap. Turn Nozzle to the left to loosen. Rinse Nozzle under hot water to loosen any soap residue and replace. Turn Nozzle to the right to tighten
• Place hand under Nozzle Tip to be sure soap is properly dispensed
• Gently wipe the dispenser with a cloth moistened with warm water and a diluted neutral detergent
• Clean area between Lid and Spout to keep Lid swing free of soap residue
• Flush the system when minimal amount of soap is left in the bottle
- Open the top-fill door using the BobKey, rotate door clockwise
- Fill the dispenser with warm water.
- Press the Automatic Flush Button located on the bottom housing assembly, just above the Partition Control Knob.
- Once unit is flushed, Press the Automatic Flush Button again to stop dispensing.
- Fill unit with fresh soap.
• Place hand under Nozzle Tip to be sure soap is properly dispensed.